Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Quick View of St. Paddy's Day

Valentine's Day pictures were a wash this year, since we were all sick.  Luckily, St. Patrick's Day is another simple holiday for attempting a photo shoot.  Here's a current look at Luke (10 months), and Evan and Joel (who are now officially 2 1/2 years old!)

I love taking pictures of babies, because they actually are interested in looking at and smiling for the camera.  (Granted, it took about a hundred shots in order to get these two decent pictures.)


Then I attempted to take photos of the twins.  Two-year-old boys are MUCH harder to photograph than babies.
It wasn't too hard to get a somewhat decent shot of Evan.  Ignore the messy hair; I've resigned myself to the fact that I am a mother of boys for a reason, and that reason is that I am terrible at keeping kids' heads looking neat and fashionable. Anywhere, here's cutie pie Evan:


Then, I had to attempt to get a decent shot of Joel. Joel acquired the stubborness of his mother.  When he doesn't want to do something, such as, say, smile for the camera, he lets me know it. So he's not actually looking at me here, but I'm willing to use this as my best shot of him:


(Here are two of the alternatives.  You see why I chose the one above.)



Finally, a picture of dinner.  Todd had to work late, so he and I planned to have Reubens for dinner later (we both LOVE corned beef and sauerkraut, so this is a holiday meal we look forward to.)  However, the kids still had to eat, so I decided to try out my snazzy new GT Xpress 101 (which I saw on an informercial a long time ago, decided not to buy based on a high price and horrible reviews, then saw in Target a few days ago at a super low clearance price.)
Ooh, ahh

Pancake mix + corned beef + cheese =
A nice little sandwich-type wrap for the boys!  I love it!!
And of course, no St. Patrick's Day is complete without green mashed potatoes.  (Which the kids absolutely refused to touch.)

No comments:

Post a Comment