Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Independence Day

Three years ago today, I was checking into a hospital room, told that I was developing preeclampsia, and that I was going to need to stay hospitalized until my body would force our twins to be born (very) early.  I was 24 weeks pregnant; the doctors were hoping that I'd make it to week 27.


I laid in bed, catching glimpses of fireworks rising above the trees outside my window.  It was a very lonely 4th of July.

Praise God that the doctors were wrong! I did NOT develop preeclampsia, they were NOT delivered too early  (they were born at 35 weeks, which was only one month premature.)

Since that day, 4th of July has really meant something special to me.  I recognize and celebrate our country's freedom, but more importantly, I celebrate God as the ultimate doctor and healer!


 We had a great weekend with family.  Both my brother (plus girlfriend) and sister (plus fiance) were around, so we trekked out to my parents for a fun weekend together.  We spent most of the time in the pool, which Joel loved, Evan liked, and Luke almost tolerated.

First time swimming with water wings. They became pros in no time!


Sunday, the 4th, was spent at our house with Grammy, Grampy, and Uncle Scott visiting.  I had gotten them basic matching outfits, which they promptly soaked in the pool.  Just by chance, when I changed their clothes, they still ended up in red and blue!



 We are hoping to make it to the parade today, followed by fireworks this evening.  I'm thinking the boys will love it, if we can just get them to stay up that late.

No comments:

Post a Comment