Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2007

The boys are one week today!

On the one hand, it feels like, "wow, it's only been a week?", but then I am also filled with some sort of sadness that I haven't been around the whole time to experience my boys' first week of life.

But... we have good news! Today they are being transferred to Good Shepherd, which is only about 20 minutes from our house. It is still the same hospital group, just much closer (the one we originally had been scheduled to deliver.) They will be there within the hour! This is wonderful for us. LGH was 1-2 hours away depending on the time of day. Now, Todd can drop me off in the morning, and I can spend the day with them; if I need to be home, it's okay, too, because we will get there much earlier in the evenings now. I am so happy with this change in placement, and the hospital has an excellent reputation so I am confident in the staff.

The boys got their circumcision yesterday. Both are doing well, although Evan was clearly not feeling too great last night. Joel took a full bottle from Todd, and the nurse told me he did the same this morning. If he keeps this up, he should be coming home very soon! Thanks to Adrian and Linda, we are going to get a house cleaner in here to get this place scrubbed up before they come home. Todd has had to do all the housework for the past four months, and between working full time, caring for me, all the appointments, and having three dogs, the house is definitely in need of a good scrubbing!

Todd just walked in, so it's time to go see our babies! We took video last night (with the awesome new camera), so I will try to post that when we come back.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am so happy for you guys that they moved Joel and Evan to the closer hospital! That will be so much easier. I can't wait to see them again!! Hope everything continues to go well. Talk to you soon! ~Aunt Jessi :)

    ReplyDelete